About Kierra Whitman
About Be Well and Kierra Whitman
Difficult experiences from your past. Unresolved traumas, negative, repetitive thoughts that keep you from moving forward…
So often, we ignore our inner hurts. We force ourselves to smile when we want to scream or laugh when we want to cry. Keeping up an act like that can be exhausting, and it can disconnect you from yourself.
Hi, I’m Kierra Whitman. As a Licensed Professional Counselor, I am here to help you move through these old patterns so you can take control of your life and experience a true, lasting sense of self-love.
In our sessions, we will work on processing past traumas and help you shift the negative thoughts that may have immobilized you. Our goal is to help you move forward into healing, empowerment, and freedom.
I specialize in working with teenagers and young adults as they navigate and process issues including:
- Trauma or PTSD
- physical, sexual, mental, or emotional abuse
- race and/or racial identity
- life transitions and life stressors
- self-esteem and/or self-discovery
Here’s a little bit more about me:
- I have a Masters in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling from West Virginia University
- I am a skilled provider of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR); and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). I also utilize different tools and techniques associated with art therapy and Internal Family Systems (IFS).
- I am a mother, a remarried widow, a volleyball coach and artist
- I am an ally and advocate for BIPOC, the LGBTQ+ community, and sex workers.